📷 Image: Wikimedia Commons / Bollywood Hungama
Local
Bathinda road dispute escalates as ETO Harbhajan Singh calls viral video fake
✍️ The Tribune
🗓 23 Aug 2026, 11:49 PM
👁 2
The Bathinda road controversy grew sharper after Executive Transport Officer Harbhajan Singh declared a widely‑shared video on the issue to be completely fabricated.
The controversy surrounding a road project in Bathinda, Punjab, intensified on Tuesday when Harbhajan Singh, the Executive Transport Officer, publicly labelled a viral video about the issue as completely fabricated.
The clip, which had been circulating on social media platforms, was presented by some users as evidence of irregularities in the road work. Singh refuted these claims, stating that the footage had been edited and did not represent the actual conditions on the ground.
In a brief statement to local media, Singh urged citizens to rely on official communications and warned that misinformation could hamper ongoing infrastructure efforts. He also indicated that the department would investigate the source of the video.
Local residents and political representatives have voiced mixed reactions, with a segment demanding greater transparency while others defended the video as a sign of possible mismanagement. The debate has sparked heated exchanges on Twitter and Facebook, with related hashtags trending in the region.
Authorities said the road construction will continue under close supervision and that any proven wrongdoing will be addressed in accordance with existing regulations.
The clip, which had been circulating on social media platforms, was presented by some users as evidence of irregularities in the road work. Singh refuted these claims, stating that the footage had been edited and did not represent the actual conditions on the ground.
In a brief statement to local media, Singh urged citizens to rely on official communications and warned that misinformation could hamper ongoing infrastructure efforts. He also indicated that the department would investigate the source of the video.
Local residents and political representatives have voiced mixed reactions, with a segment demanding greater transparency while others defended the video as a sign of possible mismanagement. The debate has sparked heated exchanges on Twitter and Facebook, with related hashtags trending in the region.
Authorities said the road construction will continue under close supervision and that any proven wrongdoing will be addressed in accordance with existing regulations.